Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Update 9/23/2015

Hail Wanderers!

Shorter post today, with a longer set of posts to follow soon. I'm planning on getting the next inside the dungeon post up when I get the chance, but I'm also going to make a post explaining some of the revisions to the combat system (yes, it has changed again).

It's not a major change this time, sort of, I'm just trying a new structure for how the turns execute. I'll expand on this in said follow up post, but the short version is that I felt that the original one didn't cause enough interaction between the player and the enemies. Specifically, if there were multiple enemies on the field there was no reason for the player to attack enemies that were defending. Furthermore, it was hard to display all the information about what the enemies were going to be doing if they had more than one action stored in the turn, or in what order those actions were going to execute and why that mattered, if at all.

Anyway, this is a little visual I threw together that (hopefully) explains how the new system will work. I may come back and change the visual later so it's clearer (once I get a second pair of eyes on it and what not) but hopefully it'll do the job of explaining what the new turn system will be, if not all of the why.

Click to enlarge

Until next time!
Charles (Guardian Soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment