Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Still Alive, Still Designing

Hail Wanderers!

My sincere apologies for not making a post in so long. My life has been a little hectic, what with graduating from college and trying to get a foothold on my next step in life.

But enough with that! Long story short, I'm back, and will be updating the blog regularly until further notice (that eventual notice being that I, happily, have a job and, sadly, won't be able to devote as much time, if any, to my side projects).

Until that happens, my goal is to make as much progress with the dungeon crawler as I can. In fact, significant progress has already been made! I've overhauled the dialogue system and added a proper UI (many thanks to Alexander Beauchesne from the NeverYear Games team for his help with both), along with making changes to combat and the core experience of the game to get it better in line with my original intent.

Which, because it got a little lost as I tried new ideas over the months, I feel like I should repeat again. I'm going to go more in depth in a later post, but for now let's just leave it at this:

I intend to make a turn based RPG with a focus on changing and engaging combat scenarios, player-NPC interactions, player customization and play style choices, and a shifting game world over a slowly expanding game loop.

I'm going to expand on how I intend to accomplish those goals, why I want to make this game in the first place, and what you all can expect from it when (and yes, I really do mean when) it is finished.

Until then, my sincere apologies again for the lapse in communication, and I hope to share this journey with you all!

- Charles (Guardian Soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment